Monday, July 4, 2011

choices are for the Living

Choices are for the Living
2 Corinthians 5:11-14 (Message Bible), “That keeps us vigilant, you can be sure.  It’s no light thing to know that we’ll all one day stand in the place of Judgment.  That’s why we work urgently with everyone we meet to get them ready to face God.  God alone knows how well we do this, but I hope you realize how much and how deeply we care. We’re not saying this to make ourselves look good to you.  We just thought it would make you feel good, proud even, that we’re on your side and not just nice to your face as so many people are. If I acted crazy, I did it for God; if I acted overly serious, I did it for you.  Christ’s love has moved me to such extremes.  His love has the first and last word in everything we do.”
Wow! Readers, What an awesome statement of truth; “If I acted crazy I did it for God, if I acted overly serious I did it for you.  Christ’s love has moved me to such extremes.”  I do believe this is what we need in the body of Christ, a move of extreme love, a crazy kind of love that moves us to be as serious about death as we are about life.  We spend much time preparing to live, planning, doing, and going, but what about death?  I  can hear some of you now getting all theological on me,” Michele you know as believers we really don’t ever die.” What I mean about death is the transition from this life to the next. Do we really care about the people who might not be going vertical?  Love must compel us it must move us to extremes.  When was the last time you told someone about Christ that was not already attending church?  When was the last time you acted crazy for your God? I don’t mean straight jacket crazy I mean out of your comfort level crazy. What might be crazy for me might not be crazy for you.  For an example I just finished teaching a bible study, “Outlive your Life,” by Max Lucado, the main focused was on the footprints we’re  leaving behind, and doing all things unto God. The point of our life is to point to His.  One of the examples in the book was; go to your local laundry mat and pay for people’s laundry, and fellowship with those we call strangers but whom the Lord calls His children. The mission is called, “Laundry Love.” “If I acted crazy, I did it for God.”  Church, isn’t it time we get a little crazy for Christ? Isn’t it time we get serious about Heaven?  You might be saying I am serious about heaven.  I have been serving God most of my life.  I mean get serious about other people going to heaven.  I mean letting Christ’s love move you to extremes.   

photo credit storypoint.info
Some of you are waiting on a word from God before you step a foot in the Jordan. Joshua 3:8 "When you reach the edge of the waters, "GO" and stand in the river." According to the NKJV God has told you 1487 times to "GO"!! What are you waiting on? When you start to "GO" the waters will stand in a heap. You don’t think this was crazy?  It was the rainy season, the Jordan was swelled high above the normal river size, but the priest obeyed. As they stuck one foot in the water the water stood up on its head. Wow!  What a great example of what God will do if we will pick up the ark of the covenant, which represented God’s presence and ,”GO”.  Love crazy for God, get serious about Vertical faith, and let Christ’s love move you to the extremes. Choices are for the living.
Michele Davenport
Dipping my toe in the Jordan expecting a miracle.
For prayer or praise reports please email me at my new email fbmin02@gmail.com
To order my book, “Ripened on the Vine,” true stories of my life or to listen to my teaching on, “Vertical Faith,” go to our web page www.fbministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips