Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Choices are for the Living

Choices are for the Living


Choices
 Stop treating me like an option, where you pick and choose
If your decision is wrong, then it is you, who will lose
Can you see that I am the answer? Or is that beyond your reach, Did you know that I walked the earth for years, this is where I preached, I taught the power of healing, and I made a blind man see,
I showed who my Father was, when you looked at me, when my journey was over I went to the cross,
Where I gave my life to His people, who were scared, lonely, and lost,
In three days I arose, to everyone confused, do not make me an option, or you will surely lose,
Many did not believe what they saw with their own eyes when I came to speak to them, they were terrified,
It was their own decision; they chose not to believe, I was sent by my Father to set His people free,
When you’re faced with an option, don’t make me a choice, Sit quietly before me and listen to my voice.

John 10:3(b)-4 “He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. When He has brought out all of His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice.”
I was trying to quit smoking eighteen years ago.  I went to God and ask Him to help me.  I wanted God’s help but with my conditions. I began talking to God about what I was willing to do in order to be set free but in the same breath I began to tell God what I was not willing to go through to quit the habit of killing myself.  Every year for eight years I tried to quit smoking and every year I would ask God to help me.  Each time I would approach God differently, but I would say the same thing.  Oh God, please, help me, please, help me.  I want to quit smoking but please don’t let me gain weight, please don’t let me go through with-draws, and God I don’t want to get sick or become a grouch.  I would give God my list of demands on how I wanted Him to help me.  Year after year, I remained a victim by choice.  Finally I went to God on the night before Easter.  I was sitting outside smoking and I spoke to God from my heart, I said, “God tomorrow I will be celebrating the resurrection of your Son, the same Son that you allowed to die for my sins.  I think the least I could do on Easter Sunday, is give you one of my sins that He died for.  I would like you to help me put down my addition.  I don’t care what price I have to pay, I don’t care if I get sick or if I gain weight, I just want to glorify you.  It doesn’t matter how you choose to deliver me, just as long I am delivered!  I will fight all night if I can walk away with a new name and a limp (a visual sign I had been in your presence).  The next morning I woke up and I was set free from an eighteen year smoking addition.  I’m here to testify I didn’t have any with-drawls, sickness, nor did I gain weight.
What was the difference this time? I stopped talking. In John 10 the word says, “The sheep listen to His voice and follow Him as He leads them out.” I realized I am His sheep, I know His voice but in order to follow Him out I must be able to hear Him. I must shut up.  I finally let go!  I let go of pride, the need to tell God how to deliver me.  God is the expert on delivering His people, and I was trying to tell Him how to do it.  I have been tobacco free for almost fourteen years now.  Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” Choices are for the Living….
Casting my net….Michele
For prayer or questions you can email me at fbministries@comcast.net
To order my books you can go to fbministries.com where you will find audio Inspirational teachings along with my testimony, “Ripened on the Vine,” and my Devotional, “From My Heart to Yours.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips