Monday, April 25, 2011

Choices are for the Living, taken form my book, "From My Heart to Yours"

Choices are for the Living
The Cross
I could not forgive until I went to the cross
Where I knelt down at your feet crying and lost
When I opened up my eyes all that I could see
Was one faithful man dying for me
Whipped and beaten beyond recognition
For thousands of people this was their petition
Crucify Him He is not real
They have chosen not to believe.  They have chosen to kill
They mocked Him and said, “If you’re truly the one?”
Call up to your Father to free His Son
Jesus could have changed this with one silent prayer
Save me Father, release me from here
But this was not my purpose or my Fathers plan
I was sent here to be the sacrifice for all of men
Then time was silent the battle had been won
Forgive them my Father for they know not what they’ve done.

Luke 23:44-46

It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining and the curtain of the temple was torn in two.  Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father into your hands I commend my spirit.”

Do you realize that it all started in a garden and it all ended in a garden?  It started with a piece of forbidden fruit hanging on a tree, and ended with Jesus hanging on a tree. I believe Jesus hung on the very tree of life that was in the Garden of Eden.   He represented eternal life and through Him we have eternal life.   The tree of knowledge of good and evil was in the middle of the garden, while Jesus hung on a tree in the middle of two men.  The two men represented the reason why Jesus went to the cross for the saved and unsaved. The bad seed they ate produced a bad seed.  Sowing and reaping can be fatal if the seed you sow is done in sin. 
The word “commend” means “to deposit” to commit for safekeeping.  I love the fact that Jesus dismissed His Spirit this proves that He was in complete control of the situation.  Do you remember Psalms 31:5  when David wrote “In thine hand I commend my Spirit “This Psalms was used as a Jewish child’s bedtime prayer? Jesus deposited His spirit for us and He expects a return.  If you haven’t received Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior please say this prayer of faith, “Jesus I repent for my sins I realize how much I need you in my life.  I know you died on the cross and arose in three days and now you’re sitting at the right hand of your Father. I am confessing this with my mouth and I believe it in my heart.  Jesus you are Lord this is my confession.  Amen (Romans 10:9) Choices are for the Living.

Stacking my stones…Michele Davenport
For prayer or questions email me at fbministries@comcast.net
To order my books or listen to any of my teachings on audio go to fbministries.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips